Tuesday 8 November 2011








The 7' mini Simmons is now finished, great fun to build and rides like a dream!!! It was built using the wooden remains of my front porch mainly Doug fir and Merranti, the rails are as close to airfoil section as I could get, they are constructed using cork and bending ply. The tail rocker is a very low 1.5'' with 3'' in the nose, the earlier 6' 3" ply Simmons I built had similar rocker and caught waves so easily i wanted to reproduce it, after riding it I have played around on the AKU shaper program with the rail profile and narrowed them slightly with a much better airfoil shape, a much better match with the true Simmons board, I will be ripping the Cedar and Paulonia for the kit to build this model this week...check back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful board mate! Difficult board to build I believe? Single concave?

    ReplyDelete